Parenting can be hard at the best of times, especially if you have anxiety. Here are some tips that may help:
- Practice self-care: taking care of yourself is essential. Make sure you get enough sleep, exercise, and eat well. I know you might think you don’t have enough time but honestly I’m sure you can make just a few minutes at least
- Seek support: talking to a therapist or joining a support group can help you manage your anxiety. Friends & family are also there don’t forget to reach out
- Develop coping strategies: identify your triggers and develop coping strategies to manage them. This can include deep breathing or mindfulness exercises.
- Communicate with your children: talking to your children about your anxiety can help them understand and support you.
- Prioritize your time: focus on the most important tasks and delegate responsibilities when possible. By having a plan for the day or a to do list it’s makes things seem less overwhelming and you can just tick them off as you go and if you don’t get them all done roll it over to tommorow
Remember, it's okay to ask for help and take things one step at a time.